Transcript The Crusades
• 1. What reasons does the pope give for
fighting for Jerusalem? What
arguments does he use to persuade his
listeners to go on a Crusade?
• 2. What reasons does Saladin give for
retaking Jerusalem? What arguments
does he use to inspire his listeners?
• 3. What are the similarities and
differences between the arguments
the Pope and Saladin use to persuade
• Test retakes: last day for Chapter 14 retakes is
• Today’s Homework: Chapter 15 section 4 with
notes and vocabulary. Reading Quiz Thursday
• Schedule: Mon: review Wed 4/13: 16.1 and
16.3, Fri 4/15 16.2 and study guide Mon
4/25: Review study guide Wed 4/27: Test
• When was the 1st
• What was the purpose
of the crusades?
• What motivated
• What was the effect of
What caused the 1st crusade?
• What was life like for
• What challenges did