eg protective food
Transcript eg protective food
Look at the pictures and learn some new
words about food.
Do you know the food you eat helps you grow in
Food that helps Food that helps
grow bones and the body fight
(eg beans, peas,
What do you usually have for breakfast / lunch
A Survey of Personal Eating Habits
Is it a
What will happen if you do not eat a
What is healthy diet?
Healthy diet: a diet that is balanced
and neither too rich in fat, sugar and
salt nor too poor and lacking in
• raw oysters
We are what we eat
※It means that
what we eat makes
what we would be.
E.g: The more you
eat ; the fatter you
1. What do you think should go into
a good meal?
A good meal should contain some food
from each of the three categories above.
2. Imagine you and your partner are
going to invite some friends for dinner.
What special food of your place would
you offer them? Plan a menu.
3. Look at the title of the reading
passage and the pictures. Predict what
the passage is about.
Read the text quickly to find out which
sentence is the main idea of the text.
1. The two restaurants supplied the healthy
2. The reason why Yong Hui’s restaurant was
so popular with customers.
3. Wang Pengwei found out why he had lost
his customer and decided to win them back.
What’s the main idea of each part?
Para.1: Wang Peng’s menu and the
popularity of his restaurant.
Para.2: Finding Yong Hui’s restaurant.
Para.3: Yong Hui’s restaurant and
Para.4: Wang Peng’s research.
I. Read the passage carefully and
answer the questions one paragraph by
1. Who is Wang Pengwei?
He is a restaurant keeper.
2. What happened on that strange morning?
There was no customer in his restaurant
that morning, which was unnatural.
3. How do you like the food in his
restaurant? It is delicious but it can
make us get fat quickly.
1. What did Wang see when he
followed Li Chang?
He saw that a new restaurant was opened
and there was a sign in its window.
2. What kind of food was served in
Only slimming food was served there.
1. Who is Yong Hui?
She is the owner of the new restaurant.
2. What amazed Wang in Yong Hui’s
The menu and the price in Yong’s
restaurant amazed him very much.
3. What did Wang decide to do
after he left there?
He decided to go to library to find out
whether his restaurant’s food made
1. What did Wang find out after
found out that Yong Hui’s
restaurant was not giving its customers
win his customer
3. What happened afterwards?
The competition between the two
restaurants was on.
II. Tick the correct answers.
1. Usually Wang Peng’s restaurant
was full of people.
2. Yong Hui could make people thin
in two weeks by giving them a
It would take longer than that.
3. Wang Peng’s regular customers
often became fat.
4. Yong Hui’s menu gave customers
more emery-giving food. F
No. it gave them protective food
but no energy-giving or bodybuilding food.
5. Wang Peng’s menu gave
customers more protective
6. Wang Peng decided to compete
with Yong Hui by copying her F
He decided to advertise the
benefits of his menu.
III. Compare the two restaurants:
roast pork; stirfruit
cola; ice cream
s of the
customers energy- customers
customers to be become tired
Retelling the story
Wang Peng sat in his empty restaurant
feeling very __________
frustrated because his
customers did not ______
come to his restaurant
as they usually
______ did. He felt very strange.
followed his friend to a newly opened
which offered to make
The new restaurant was _____
customers. Worried, he did some
research and tried to ______
Discuss these questions in pairs.
1. What do you think Wang Peng will
provide to win his customers back?
2. How do you think the story will end?
1. Retell the text.
(1) Use the first person to retell the
(2) Try to use proper prepositions
2. Prepare for the language learning
and do Using Words and
Expressions on WB (Page 49and
Not giving enough
plenty of fiber