Lunar calendar 农历
Mid-autumn Festival 中秋节
Red packets 红包
Special performances 特别节目
Dress up 穿着打扮
Outdoor carnival 户外狂欢
Hold a few events 举行几项活动
Beijing opera 京剧
Be accepted into 被录取
Catch a cold 患感冒
In much the same way 以差不多的方式
From place to place 各地
Set off firecrackers 放鞭炮；放烟火
Follow the customs 遵循习俗
Foreign-owned companies 外企；外资公
Listening: Spring festival.mp3
Listening: A happy day in my life.mp3
Listening: Festivals are important.mp3
Tell us something as to your festivals
- What are some of the festivals celebrated in
your life? (春节？中秋？圣诞？情人节？)
- Which is your favorite one?
- How do you celebrate it? （派对？聚餐？旅游？
Listening: 04 Events.mp3 （课后自听）
Listening: 08 A Ceremonial Event.mp3
Examination Papers from University of
The examiner asks the candidate about him/herself,
his/her home, work or studies and other familiar topics.
- What would you suggest a visitor should see and do in
- Are there any traditional arts or music you’d
- Tell me about the kind of foreign visitors or tourists
who go to your country?
- In what ways has tourism changed your country?
Describe a memorable event in your life.
You should say:
- When the event took place
- where the event took place
- What happened exactly
memorable to you.
You will have to talk about the topic for one to two minutes.
You have one minute to think about what you are going to say.
You can make some notes to help you if you wish.
Attitudes to marriage in your country
- Have attitudes to marriage changed in recent years?
- In what ways do men and women feel differently
about marriage, in your opinion?
Events of national / global significance
- What sort of national events make headlines in your
country? (经济危机？就业压力? 下岗失业？官员腐败？政府
- Does the media in your country pay more attention
to global or national events? （例如从报纸消息涵盖量、