Brief introduction of the speaker
• Sebastian Thrun is the director of the
Stanford Artificial Intelligence Lab and is
working, through robotics, to change the
way we understand the world. His
focuses on robotics
Achievement about the author
• He led the development of the robotic
vehicle Stanley which won the 2005
DARPA Grand Challenge , and which is
exhibited in the Smithsonian which is the
biggest museum system in the world.
• Navigate v. [ˈnævɪˌɡet]
1. Travel by boat on a boat propelled by wind or by other
2. Act as the navigator in a car, plane, or vessel and plan,
direct, plot the path and position of the conveyance;
3. Direct carefully and safely;
• Toll booths
A booth where a toll is collected. Also called tollhouse.
• Crooked adj. ['krʊkɪd ]
• 1. Having or marked by bends, curves, or angles.
• 2. Informal Dishonest or unscrupulous; fraudulent.
What are his key words?
2、go anywhere by themselves
3、make decisions itself
• 1、Why did the author want to
invent a self-driving car?
• 2、How many miles has the selfdriving car invented by the author
The author came up with a way to
If we want, the world can
solve driving accidents because of
one of his friend’s death.So, when
we meet some calamity, besides
can more is
how to face