Transcript Do Now” # 2
“Do Now” # 2 - Handout
II. Chemical Shorthand
A. Writing formulas
1. Define chemical formula.
2. How does a formula help
3. What does a formula tell you?
4. Metals tend to _____. Nonmetals
tend to ______ electrons.
5. Define oxidation number.
Notebook check and Test
6. What is a binary compound? Give an
7. What are the steps to writing a binary
8. Write a formula for these compounds.
Carbon dioxide, Magnesium Chloride,
9. Give an example of a polyatomic ion.
10. Write down the names and oxidation
numbers of the polyatomic ions from page