Agenda December 18
Transcript Agenda December 18
Agenda January 6
Watch PBS’s Medici: Godfathers of the Renaissance
• HW: Read Chapter 17 section 2 pages 480485.
– Using the note taking strategy suggested on page
480 take notes on what you read.
– Answer questions 3,4,7,and 8 on page 485.
• Begin filling out Comparison Chart and
working on your Family Tree
• What do you already know about the Medici family
and the Renaissance?
• Where is Florence or Firenze, as it is known in
• The Renaissance starts in the quatrocento; what
century is that? What years does that include?
• What does the title The Medici: Godfathers of the
Renaissance suggest about the series and the
• How does a family become rich and powerful?
• As you watch, see how the Medici rose
from poverty and insignificance.
• Also notice this: Why were art and
architecture so important to the rise of
• In what ways are accepted beliefs
Watching the Movie
• Please fill our the viewing guide as we
Answering the Focusing
• As you watch, see how the Medici rose from poverty
• Also notice this: Why were art and architecture so
important to the rise of the Medici?
• In what ways are accepted beliefs challenged?
• What do you have questions about?
• What do you like about the way the film presents the
• What is going to happen to Cosimo?
Watching Part 2
• Answer page 2 questions
• What was unique about Cosimo, Brunelleschi, and
• How did Cosimo, Brunelleschi, and Florence
contribute to the birth of the Renaissance?
• What problems do you foresee for the Medici family?
• In what ways were the ancients and the great writers
from the East and Orient different from the Christian
thinkers of the Middle Ages?
• In what ways does our society discourage or punish
people for thinking, believing, and acting differently
from the majority?