Lauren, Hayley, Katherine, Hunter
• On average, the warmest/sunniest month is July with
avg. maximum temp. of 85.2 F
• The highest recorded temperature was 115°F in 1950.
• January is the average coldest month with avg.
minimum temp of 39.3
• The lowest recorded temperature was 18°F in 1990.
• The maximum average precipitation occurs in January.
• Climate is warm during summer when temperatures- 70's
and cold during winter when temperatures- 40's.
• Temperature variations between night and day=moderate
during summer there is average difference of 26 F and an
average difference of 16 F in winter
• Winter months tend to be wetter than summer months.
Danville Average Temperatures
January is usually the coolest month
and July is usually the warmest.
• Daily high is higher than U.S.
avg except for summer months
• Daily low is lower than U.S. avg
except for winter months
January high = 56 F
January low = 39 F
July high = 85 F
July low = 59 F
Danville Average Precipitation
Over past 47 years:
Average temp = 57 F
Average high temp = 69 F
Average low temp = 48 F
Average precipitation = 24.1 in
Average snowfall = 1.6 in
January is wettest month with
average rainfall of 4.76 inches
Danville avg of precipitation is
low compared to rest of U.S. in summer
months and above average in January,
February and March
• Climate has an affect on the quality of our air.
• Studies have shown that an increase in hot days, increases the level
of ozone in our region.
• The three main air pollutants that cause health problems in the bay
1. Ozone- Also known as "smog" common in our daily air.
2. Particular Matter-Tiny particles released into the air, that penetrate
deep into our lungs.
3. Toxic Air Contaminants- cause serious health issues even in low
• These factors can affect the people, through our health and by
affecting the geography and economy. By increasing health issues,
it requires more money for medical attention, leading to more
Air Pollution in the Bay Area
High levels of
Low Levels of
What Does This Mean?
• Summer is warm, but can still be chilly
• Winter is usually rainy and always cold
• If you look at the pollution map you can see that where there are
more people, there is more pollution
• The precipitation can effect the pollutants in the air and the
economy of that day based on what people decide to do that day
• The climate can also effect the tourism of the area. For example,
there are more tourist in the summer than in the winter because
there is nicer weather
• The moderate climate in Danville and in California attracts people
to come here to visit or to live.