Transcript Electrical Energy
3 things needed to make a circuit:
1. Battery - energy
2. Wire – transfers the electricity
3. Indicator – tells you if circuit is
working Ex: light, sound, heat,
•Electricity cannot flow through –
•Metal wires are not connected
properly or there’s a gap in wires.
•Also called “closed
•All wires are connected. Electricity
flows easily through circuit.
•Wires touch positive and negative
part of battery.
How do you know if electricity is
passing through the circuit?
Look at your indicator!
would make this
bulb light up?
• Allow electricity to flow easily
• All metals and water are conductors!!!
Ex: iron, steel,
• Used to stop electricity from flowing
• Poor conductors of electricity
• Common insulators are rubber,
plastic, cloth, and glass
That’s why electric plugs have a
Wire is covered with rubber.
*We cover wires with rubber or plastic to insulate the wires
and protect our hands from the electricity.
Need to know this!!!
**Electricity can produce things like:
heat, light, sound, magnetism or
What do these produce?
*Know at least 3 examples.