as PowerPoint slides
Transcript as PowerPoint slides
Analyze each of the test items that follow:
• Drawing on what you have learned
from your reading of our text, & on your
own experiences & knowledge, critique
each of these items.
• Based on your findings,develop a set of
principles (what to do or not to do) in
writing effective test items.
True False Items
• High-IQ children always get high grades in
• Will Rogers said, "I never met a man I didn't
• If a plane crashes on the Mexican-American
border, half of the survivors would be buried
in Mexico and half in the United States.
• The use of double negatives is not an
altogether undesirable characteristic of
diplomats and academicians.
True False Items Continued
• Prayer should not be outlawed in the
• Of the objective items, true-false are the
least time-consuming to construct.
• The trend toward competency testing of
high school graduates began in the late
1970s and represents a big step
forward for slow learners.
• The evolutionary theory of _________ is
based upon the principle of ________
• Columbus discovered America in
• The capital of Mexico is ________ .
• In what year did Gerald Ford become
QuickTime™ and a
TIFF (LZW) decompressor
are needed to see this picture.
U.S. Grant was an:
The free-floating structures within the cell
that synthesize protein are called:
4. free ribosomes
The principle value of a balanced diet is
1. increases your intelligence
2. gives you something to talk about with
3. promotes mental health
4. promotes physical health
5. improves self-discipline
Some test items:
1. are too difficult
2. are objective
3. are poorly constructed
4. have multiple defensible answers
Which of the following is/are not associated with
clear chest X ray
a and c
b and c
When fifty-three Americans were held hostage
1. the United States did nothing to try to free
2. the United States declared war on them
3. the United States first attempted to free
them by diplomatic means and later
attempted a rescue
• Why should presidents be limited or not
be limited to two consecutive terms of
office? (100 points)