ADD TO TABLE OF CONTENTS:
• Plant mass
• Photosynthesis Vocab. Pg. 23
• ATP(Adenosine triphosphate)- a high-energy
molecule that stores and supplies cells with
• An attraction between two atoms
resulting from a redistribution of their
• Covalent Bond : Sharing of on or more
pairs of e-
• Chemical Energy - energy stored in the
bonds of chemical compounds, released in a
chemical reaction, often producing heat.
• Batteries, biomass, petroleum, natural gas,
and coal are examples of stored chemical
• A green pigment, in green plants,
that absorbs light to provide energy
• (In green plant cells) the cell part
that contains chlorophyll and
where photosynthesis takes
• In photosynthesis, the reactions
that convert sunlight to ATP on
the thylakoid membranes
• - reactions that convert CO2 and other
compounds into glucose in the stroma.
• stroma, the fluid-filled area of a chloroplast
outside of the thylakoid membranes.
• - using sunlight to synthesize foods from
carbon dioxide and water.
• Photosynthesis in plants generally involves
the green pigment chlorophyll and generates
oxygen as a by product.
• The position an organism occupies in a food