Week 3 Bell Work & Agenda Aug. 24-28th
Transcript Week 3 Bell Work & Agenda Aug. 24-28th
THE STUDENT WILL
Day 1 Monday PreBell Question
• Bell Activity Question:
Explain why you think it is
important for a school
district to have an Internet
Acceptable Use Policy.
DOK 2 PLD Prof.
LAB ACTIVITY –DAY 1
The teacher will introduce Telecommunications and the purpose of studying it.
The teacher will allow students complete a Pre-Assessment- Internet Usages.
http://www.gcflearnfree.org Internet Basics_----Internet 101 under Extras
The student will revisit the school and/or classroom Acceptable Use Policy. ( WCSD-Online
Group Activity in Pairs
Teacher will introduce and discuss -Telecommunications applications and terminology.
Students will complete terminology related to telecommunications in their ICT1 notebook.
Integration of Language Arts and Technology Skills
Use presentation equipment to introduce terminology such as telecommunications, Internet,
electronic mail, World Wide Web, facsimile, browser, bookmarks, search engine, netiquette,
download and upload, modem, LAN, WAN, router, URL (uniform resource locator), HTTP
(hypertext transfer protocol), address bar (extensions), FTP (file transfer protocol), discussion
boards, weblog/blogs, wiki, IM (instant message), etc. Prepare for vocabulary test using written
activity or game.
Independent Activity: Web Quest-intro to Internet –Group Activity/Remedial Activity.
Closure: Wrap up lesson with review questions. (See Power Point Presentation)
Homework: Create sentences with telecommunications terminology. Integration of
Language Arts and Technology Skills
DAY 2 OBJECTIVE &-PREBELL
• OBJECTIVE-TSW EXPLAIN
• PREBELL: EXPLAIN THE DIFFERENCE
BETWEEN ELECTRONIC MAIL AND
• VOC. WORD –CONFRONT-TO STAND
Voc- WORD-COMPARE- THEY ARE ALIKE
DAILY AGENDA FOR LAB ACTIVITY-DAY 2
Teacher will review previous lesson Day 1 and discuss
Allow students to complete Monday's telecommunications
terminology and research information.
Do Independent Activity: Web Quest-Handout-from
If time permits, students will practice online keyboarding
Homework: Create sentences with
Day 3 Obj. & Bellwork —The student will
locate info on the Internet from variety of sources.
• Pre-Bell Question: Think
of a science/ social
studies topic or question
you would like to
research on the Internet.
LAB ACTIVITIES-DAY 3
• . The teacher will introduce the lesson on how to use research
tips to gather information from various websites to solve this
• 2 Discuss answers.
• 3. Students will write notes on “How to Conduct Online
4. Students will complete activity on "Internet Scavenger Hunt:"
using cooperative learning (pairs) and check answer orally.
• . Students will complete a Pre-Assessment on “Online Sources
for researching.” using Brain Pop http://www.brainpop.com
• 5. Continue online keyboarding practice lessons from previous
week. 6. Closure: Wrap up lesson with a review. (Exit Ticket)
Think-Pair & Share
• Homework: Complete handout at home, if not completed.
How To Conduct Online
• A Search Engine is a
software program that
allows you to search
many websites at
• How a Search Engine
Works: It searches
though million of
recons on its
• A spider searches the
internet for keywords. (A
spider is a program that
searches for new sites by
• Index—new pages are
added into the index
• Evaluating Websites: Not
all websites are the same
• BEST FOR SCHOOL
RESEARCH: end in .gov
Search Engine Notes
• Limiting Your Search:
• Boolean logic: a way
that you can search
with search engine
with 3 operators:
Also, use quotation
marks around a phrase
• CITING YOUR
• Don’t forget to cite
• Citing—giving credit
• Author, name of
article, name of
COMMON SEARCH ENGINES
www.google.com Most Popular one
FEW GOOD WEBSITE FOR
• www.loc.gov-- Library of Congress
• www.Britannica.com Encyclopedia
• www.historychannel.com History
DAY 4 OBJECTIVE-PREBELL –
• OBJECTIVE-TSW IDENTIFY HOW TO USE
THE INTERNET SAFELY. THE STUDENT
WILL KEYBOARD CORRECTLY
• PREBELL QUESTION DAY 4: EXPLAIN THE
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE INTERNET AND
• VOCABULARY WORD—DEBUT- A FIRST
• VOC. WORD—CONTRAST-WAYS THEY ARE
LAB ACTIVITIES-DAY 4
1. The teacher will introduce the lesson on Evaluating Websites and
reviewing Internet Basics and terminology.
2. The teacher will explain various criteria for evaluating web sites.
3. The students will search the Internet for two different web sites to
evaluate information and use the handout to complete the
4. Differentiated Activities: Students will complete review activity on
"Internet Basics Website--Go to http://www.learnthenet.com and
•Master the Basics-•Test your knowledge with the Web Whiz Quiz –
6. Closure: Wrap up lesson with a review. (Think-Pair & Share
REVIEW INTERNET TERMS
.net-Internet backbone system
.int-special organization of an international
• Links: Highlighted text on the screen,which
will take you to another Internet location
when you click on that part of the screen.
• Icon: Pictures and symbols in software
that represents files or commands.
DAY 5 OBJECTIVE-PREBELL
• OBJECTIVE: TSW DEMONSTRATE THEIR
STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES ON
• DAY 5 PREBELL QUESTION—WHAT IS
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN
UPLOADING INFORMATION AND
Day 5 Lab Activities Daily
• 1. Teacher will allow students to
Terminology Post Test.
• 2. Students will continue online
keyboarding practice lessons from
previous week. (See remediation and
enrichment activities in lessons)
• 3. SEE JOURNAL ENTRY FOR
JOURNAL ENTRIESIT CAREERS • HOW WOULD YOU LIKE A
CAREER WORKING WITH
• DESCRIBE YOUR FEELING
ABOUT SURFING THE
DESCRIBE THE I. T. TEST.
WRAP- UP LESSON BY