Transcript Business Intelligence
• business intelligence is a broad category of
applications and technologies for gathering,
providing access to, and analyzing data for
the purpose of helping enterprise users make
better business decisions.
• The term implies having a comprehensive
knowledge of all of the factors that affect your
• It is imperative that you have an in
depth knowledge about factors such as
your customers, competitors, business
partners, economic environment, and
internal operations to make effective
and good quality business decisions.
• Business intelligence enables you to
make these kinds of decisions.
Decision Support Systems
• An information system that utilizes
decision models, a database, and a
decision maker’s own insights in an ad
hoc, interactive analytical modeling
process to reach a specific decision by
a specific decision maker.
• Knowledge discovery using a
sophisticated blend of techniques from
traditional statistics, artificial
intelligence, and computer graphics
• An integrated collection of data
extracted from operational, historical,
and external databases, and screened,
edited, and standardized for retrieval
and analysis, to provide business
intelligence for managerial decision