Chapter 4 - morgansmathmarvels
Transcript Chapter 4 - morgansmathmarvels
• Probability – the ___________ of an event
happening (between __ and __).
• How to find probabilities
– Intuition – __________________________
– Relative frequency – ___________________
__________. Relative frequency =
– Theoretical/Formula – probability that should
occur if ___________________________.
When outcomes are equally likely, then
e.g. If you are guessing on a multiple choice
question that has 4 responses, the probability
of getting the question right is
Sample Space is the set of all possible
e.g. If you toss a coin, the sample space is
Ex. 1 Human eye color is controlled by a single pair of
genes (one from each parent). Brown eyed color, B,
is dominant over blue eyed color, b. Therefore if a
person has Bb, then the brown dominates and they
have brown eyes.
If both parent have Bb, what is the probability their
child will have blue eyes?
What is the probability the child will have brown
P(event) must be between __ and __
The closer a probability is to __, the better
chance it has of happening.
The sum of the probabilities of a sample
space must equal __.
The probability that an event occurs plus the
probability that the event does not occur = __.
• Day 1 P. 130 #1-5 odd, 9, 10, 12, 15
• Day 2 P. 130 #2-6 even, 11, 13 skip a, 14