Database System Design and Implementation
Transcript Database System Design and Implementation
Database systems Design
- Software School of Hunan university –
• Instructor: Liubo Ouyang (欧阳柳波）
Office: Room 213, Building of software School
Contact: 13574805086, 8821984, [email protected]
• Experiment tutor: Shaofei Lu (陆绍飞)
Contact: 13036780732, [email protected]
Thomas Connolly, Carolyn Begg. Database systems – APractical
approachs to Design, Implementation, and management, third
• Course Material at web site: http://ss.hnu.cn/oylb/dbsd/
Copies of all lecture slides and interesting articles will be
provided at the web site.
• There are also an enormous number of Database System
A First Course in Database Systems:
Database System Design and Implementation:
ACM Transactions on Database Systems (TODS)
• Grade: HWs 10%, Project 25%, Final 50%, participation 15%
– PBLT method (3 students in a team)
• Plagiarism will be severely punished.
• People who is absent from lecture for three times will not be
permitted to seat in the final exam.
• English writing
Pre-requisites And Related Courses
To provide a solid foundation on database systems and
database application development.
–To master the knowledge of Database systems design.
-To master fundamental ideas of database technology.
-To learn how to design databases using ER diagrams and the
-To know current new technology on database
To improve the level of speaking, writing, demonstrating,
behaving, communicating, collaborating, innovating,
Database Implementation Project
A significant part of your learning of the course is devoted to
a major database development project.
Design a database using ER diagrams and relational model.
Write SQL to query and update the database.
Develop a web user interface to your database.
－In the process you will learn HTML and ASP or JSP.
Those skills are highly valuable to your future individual
Introduction to Database
• The Relational Model and Languages
The Relational Model
Relational Algebra and Relational Calculus
• Database Analysis and Design Techniques
Database Planning, Design, and Administration
Conceptual Database Design
Logical Database Design for the Relational Model
Physical Database Design for the Relational Databases
• Selected Database Issues
• Current Trends
• Emerging Trends
Web Technology and DBMSs
Semi-structure Data and XML
OLAP and Data Mining